[CT Birds] Pine siskins at last!

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 6 09:52:17 EST 2009

I noted Cyrus Miller's post about seeing pine siskins in Washington, CT yesterday. No doubt Cyrus saw the siskins at his dad's house, who lives very near us here in Washington. I was out about 9 AM today (6 Jan 2009) to fill my birder feeder, which is a about 50 feet below the house here. When I was coming back to the house I saw two small birds, heavy streaked, fly up to a maple tree. Based on these birds small size I suspected siskins right away. I then noted a deeply notched tail on one of the birds, which confirmed the birds were pine siskins. I am a bit disappointed to have seen just  two siskins but I did at last see siskins here.

David Babington
Washington, CT