[CT Birds] The incidental birder

David.F.Provencher at dom.com David.F.Provencher at dom.com
Tue Jan 6 13:09:34 EST 2009

Being too busy (for the umpteenth year) to consider anything like a big
birding year, I'm going to keep track of how many species I get in CT when
NOT birding. For instance, when returning from bringing my daughter to
school in Preston yesterday, I spotted a Black Vulture over Rte 165. So
that goes on the "incidental" list. Also on the list is the Hermit Thrush
on edge of the access road to Millstone Station that I saw this morning on
the way to work. But the Gray Catbird and Field Sparrow at the boat ramp at
Barn Island that I saw Sunday don't count since I was birding with friends.
So my bird list for 2009 will be the species of bird I identify while not
birding. This should finally dispel those nasty rumors going around about
my being sane.

Dave

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.