[CT Birds] WW CROSSBILLS- Bent of the River, Southbury

ELKINS, Kenneth kelkins at audubon.org
Tue Jan 6 15:37:17 EST 2009

>From Ken Elkins & Donna Rose Smith:
1/6 - Southbury, Audubon Center Bent of the River - 2 WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS, 1 BROWN CREEPER, 12+ PINE SISKINS, 1 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER

The Crossbills were heard and seen in the hemlocks around the barn.  1 was an adult male, the other was not seen very well, except as the 2 flew away towards the hemlock stand further up the hill.  The feeder station has been very active this afternoon, I've included my eBird report below with my numbers being pretty conservative.

Good birding,
Ken Elkins
Education Programs Manager
Audubon Center at Bent of the River