[CT Birds] Bald Eagle in Stratford CT

Mark Jankura mark.jankura at snet.net
Tue Jan 6 18:08:47 EST 2009

Found a Juv Bald Eagle in Stratford today.  Perched in a tree on route 110 by the water.  By the route 15 on/off ramp but north where the river runs next to the road.  Was there at 11am and was still there at 4:30pm.  Didn't have a good lens with me.  Was able to get close enough for the 17-55mm kit lens....if you can believe that.   I walked right under the branch he was on and he just looked at me.

I posted a few pictures on my flickr account.  Not my greatest shot but good enough.  Taken at about 4:30pm with really bad lighting and bad lens.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lnvttc/