[CT Birds] Ffld Co. Res.

Dennis Varza dennisvz at optonline.net
Tue Jan 6 19:45:00 EST 2009

Hi Folks

I needed a break from the computer so I took a look at the local
reservoirs.
The most interesting thing was this duck pond I found years ago. It
had some Pintails, the most reliable spot for pintails in winter.
Also, there was a female Mandarin Duck. Now, the people keep farm
geese Guinea Fowl etc., but this birds hung out with the mallards and
I saw no male. It looked like a legitimate  escape.

Dennis Varza
Fairfield

Easton, Hemlock Reservoir The upper half frozen
Mute Swan	1
Common Merganser	8

Easton, Aspetuck Reservoir All frozen except by dam and Center Street
bridge
Mute Swan	2
Mallard	2
Hooded Merganser	2
Bald Eagle	1	imm. first winter.

Shelton, Trap Fall Reservoir, All frozen except for a patch in the
center
Common Merganser	78

Shelton, Duck Pond on Maple Ave.
American Black Duck	2