[CT Birds] Wallingford area geese

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Tue Jan 6 20:21:12 EST 2009

Someone asked about Greater White-fronted and other geese in the Wallingford area. I was out with several friends Monday, and we checked the spots around McKenzie Res and Whirlwind Hill that produced all the great goose action in late fall. We didn't have anything but Canada Geese, but it should be noted that North Farms Reservoir has its usual complement of noisy, active domestic geese that come out onto the reservoir and mix with the Canadas and Mute Swans. These incude White-fronted types, Gray Lag types, various white barnyard geese and Brown China Geese. These are all big, bulky aggressive geese quite unlike the trim wild Greater White-fronts and Snow Geese.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury