[CT Birds] Solo Wilderness First Aid

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 21:03:40 EST 2009

Hi folks, Just a reminder, we have a few openings left for our Wilderness First Aid Class at the Coastal Center this coming weekend. It's a great course for birders, anyone who spends time outdoors alone or with groups.  If you're interested, there are already 16 enrolled, please call Louise ASAP at 203-878-7440.  Happy New Year!  Frank Gallo
SOLO Wilderness First Aid

Sat. and Sun., Jan. 10-11,

9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. daily.

(Adult CPR possible.)

SOLO’s 16-hour comprehensive introductory Wilderness First Aid (WFA) course

is a must for outdoor enthusiasts. Using mock rescue scenarios, skilled instructors

give participants hands-on experience with first aid and long-term patient care

in the backcountry. WFA is recognized by the American Camping Association, U.S.

Coast Guard, various Guide programs and Connecticut Summer Camp Licensing

Boards as meeting their first aid requirement, and is accepted as a re-certification

course for Wilderness First Responder (WFR 80 hours). For anyone re-certifying

for WFR, there is an additional nominal re-certification fee. Payment in full is due

upon registration; please register early. Cost: $189 includes lunch and snacks

($100 is non-refundable).There is an additional fee for Adult CPR training; please

inquire if interested.