[CT Birds] scarcity of ducks

holmses holmses at cox.net
Tue Jan 6 21:28:58 EST 2009

Since I don't ever go birding at the sound, I can only speculate, but almost
every weekend this fall and winter the wind has been coming from the south.
Remember all those 60 degree days? If I were a bird I would find an
alternate route with favorable wind. Does anyone have info on locations to
the east (for sea ducks) or the west (for everyone else)?