[CT Birds] What bird screams like a chicken?

Larry Bausher LPBausher at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 12:12:11 EST 2009

My guess is Ring-necked Pheasant.  I don't know what a screaming
chicken sounds like, but the pheasant's screech has a raspy quality
similar to a rooster crowing, although different in inflection and
intonation.  And as I recall from my growing up days in rural eastern
Pennsylvania, pheasants certainly like to hang around cornfields.

Larry Bausher
West Haven