[CT Birds] Meadowlarks

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 9 09:34:28 EST 2009

I found the comments on the various meadowlarks interesting. Good luck on meadowlark species is all I can say. I remember being on a trip to south TX with NJAS a number of years ago. The NJAS leaders were good birders, Brian M and Tom B, but their search for a western meadowlark among eastern meadowlarks was a challenge. My life western meadowlark was easy as it was in northern CA in the spring and bird was singing nicely. I will leave meadowlark species ID to you folks at ctbirds, folks who are good at discussing smaller details of bird species ID.

David Babington
Washington, CT