[CT Birds] Screaming solved: RN Pheasant!

Dana Campbell mother-dana at juno.com
Fri Jan 9 09:52:39 EST 2009

Thank you to all those who contacted me offline to suggest what that screaming was.  The most interesting suggestion was that it might have been a red fox.  (Go on UTube to hear some fox cries.  They are really awful!)  But most everyone said Ring-necked Pheasant, and Luke Tiller sent a link to the Cornell recording of the call.  That's it, alright!  Yikes!  I will be all ready for next year's CBC now.

Dana Campbell, Missioner, mother-dana at juno.com
The Greater Hartford Regional Ministry

"Does the hummingbird think he himself invented his crimson throat?
  He is wiser than that, I think."
   From New Poems by Mary Oliver