[CT Birds] Bent of the River Crossbill

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jan 9 12:30:25 EST 2009

I stepped outside to clear my head of all of the land conservation stuff I'm working on today and heard a WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILL flying over.  I also thought I heard a REDPOLL flying off with the finch flock from our thistle feeders earlier today.  I know they're getting to be Passé, but there are lots of PINE SISKINS about the feeders at the Bent at the moment including a nice bright adult male.

>From Patrick Comins  1/9  Southbury, Audubon Center at Bent of the River

WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILL flyover, several PINE SISKINS at feeders and a possible REDPOLL SP.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation
Audubon Connecticut