[CT Birds] UConn White-winged Crossbill

Brian Hiller mudbat13 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:05:51 EST 2009

Although I couldn't find them yesterday, there was a report of a pair (male and female) of White-winged Crossbills on campus at UConn.  Today I spent 45 minutes searching near the Armory, Budds Building and Koons hall and managed to see the female only.  It was a fleeting look but there was no doubt what it was.  Along the way I stopped by the crabapple trees near the CLAS building and found 17 Cedar Waxwings but ZERO Bohemians.

A Cooper's hawk also flew overhead.

Brian Hiller