[CT Birds] 3/4 - Greylag Goose and green Pine Siskin pics

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 20:25:15 EST 2009

The Greylag Goose was still present at Mackenzie Reservoir at midday today.
I've posted some pics from my two observations of the bird. The Snow Goose
from last week was not present, nor were the neck-banded Canadas previously
seen by Mark Szantyr.

http://shorebirder.blogspot.com/2009/03/greylag-goose-in-ct.html

On Monday I had a mega flock of 6 Pine Siskins (well, mega for my yard
anyway) that included one "green" bird. While not quite as bright as other
green siskins photographed this year, this bird appeared very similar to the
one Scott Kruitbosch posted.

http://shorebirder.blogspot.com/2009/03/greenish-siskin.html

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT