[CT Birds] HEY!.... You got red stuff on your head!

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Mar 6 18:06:16 EST 2009

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/mntncougar/?action=view&current=IMG_050
8.jpg

Last year we got mealworms!
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/mntncougar/?action=view&current=IMG_053
2.jpg
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/mntncougar/?action=view&current=IMG_053
3.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm - that's the 1!
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/mntncougar/?action=view&current=IMG_048
4.jpg

Who says I'm crazy? - This is good stuff!
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/mntncougar/?action=view&current=IMG_053
4.jpg
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/mntncougar/?action=view&current=IMG_053
5.jpg

Um - what happens when we run out of rungs?
(Feeder has 14 perch bars starting 10 inches from the top - and  was full
last night).
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/mntncougar/?action=view&current=IMG_053
8.jpg
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/mntncougar/?action=view&current=IMG_054
1.jpg

The Siskins ate more today than ever before - even though I did  not notice
more birds than usual -130 or so at a given time.  Usually on a  warmer day
they almost disappear.  I wonder if they are fattening up for  the trip north -
or have just depleted the local food  supplies.
On Rt 31 in Coventry I saw 2 immature Red-shouldered Hawks  sitting 3 feet
apart in a tree today.  Wonder if they are  siblings.

Don Morgan
Coventry