[CT Birds] Redpolls, E. Hampton, 5 days in a row

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 18:14:37 EST 2009

Almost everyone has had Pine Siskins in their yard this winter, but I don't think too many people have had Common Redpolls.  So I feel lucky to have had 1-4 of them at the feeders for 5 days in a row.  Amazing close views have allowed me to get some great photos.
 http://picasaweb.google.com/TimAntanaitis/NewEnglandBirds#5309912574831945474
I also saw a Common Raven being chased by 4 crows today on nearby (you can see the dirt road from the house) Bear Swamp Road.  The Siskins have been in the yard since 1/13, with a high of 44 seen on 2/26.