[CT Birds] white throated sparrows

Chasbarnard at aol.com Chasbarnard at aol.com
Sun Apr 19 20:38:25 EDT 2009

White-throated Sparrows, as well as juncos, are usually present down here
in Stratford into early May..  I'm not certain, but I think that  there
have even been past records of White-throated Sparrow nesting in  towns which
touch the coast -at least in western Connecticut.  I can  remember seeing a
juvenile White-throated Sparrow in Fairfield during the month  of July once.
It was in perfect nesting habitat for that species.

 Last year there was a junco present during the Stratford  BioBlitz in
Roosevelt Forest in very late May. I think it was Memorial Day  weekend.

It was quiet around here today, although there was a Louisiana  Waterthrush
in Roosevelt Forest. On Saturday, an Iceland Gull remained in  the gull
flock at the mouth of the Housatonic River.

Charlie Barnard
Stratford
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!