[CT Birds] Possible Kite

eyeflight16 at optonline.net eyeflight16 at optonline.net
Tue May 19 15:56:54 EDT 2009

I just saw a bird fly over the beach behind my house near Penfield Reef. I spent a lot of time researching, and it matches up to Mississippi Kite. It was a medium-sized bird, a grayish color, and it had white on its wings. it was flying like a swallow or a nighthawk, but I am sure it was neither of these. I am always nervous about messing up a bird that could be a vagrant. The key identification for me was its call which it was calling. Is this possible at all, or have I just gone crazy? Any opinions would help. Thanks!

James Randall
Fairfield