[CT Birds] Yard activity plus Siskin fledglings

recoverywing at cox.net recoverywing at cox.net
Wed May 20 07:39:35 EDT 2009

You know you are too busy when you cannot even share your favorite subject with like minds!

Here is what I managed to write down.

5/2 -- BLACK AND WHITE WARBLER
5/3 --AMERICAN REDSTART, BLACK AND WHITE WARBLER, GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER, SCARLET TANAGER, WOOD THRUSH
5/7- CHIMNEY SWIFTS  arrived went into house chimney late!, Female RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD late!
5/8 - YELLOW WARBLER, COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, BLACK THROATED GREEN WARBLER, AMERICAN REDSTART. WARBLING VIREO, RED EYED VIREO
5/9- pair of EASTERN KINGBIRDS at pond BALTIMORE ORIOLE building nest in sugar maple tree in side garden
5/10 - KINGBIRDS continue, Male INDIGO BUNTING, singing male CHESTNUT SIDED WARBLER, ORIOLES  aplenty rainy day
5/11 - KINGBIRDS continue
5/14 -- EASTERN BLUEBIRDS hatched four young, EASTERN PHOEBES actively feeding young in swift chimney, do not know when they hatched
5/17 -TREE SWALLOWS start incubation,
5/19- OVENBIRD, BLACKPOLL WARBLER singing by pavilion, promptly released the BLACKPOLL in rehab who did start molting into male plumage and was actively singing. I heard that song so much I will never forget it now!

Fledgling birds in yard - CAROLINA WRENS, AMERICAN ROBINS, PINE SISKINS( two) along with two adults, HOUSE FINCHES

Have a CLIFF SWALLOW that came into rehab from Cigna in Bloomfield

Jayne Amico/Southington