[CT Birds] Looking for help

Larry Nichols lvn600 at hotmail.com
Wed May 20 20:17:08 EDT 2009

I discovered three nestling crows in my yard after a night and morning
of cawing- One nestling was dead - the other two begging for food.
Mouths open, following, no cawing or noise at all. Neither can balance-
except for in a "sitting" on the ground position- not balancing. It
appears that the hen is cawing in the trees above- I left them alone
until just before dusk last night- when I fed them water. It was in
the high 80's here yesterday. Same behavior today. I gave them water
this morning and finally fed them a mashed hard boiled egg (no shell)
and bird replacement food mixed with water around 1:30 this
afternoon.  After being fed, they stopped begging and huddled into a
more "resting" posture. I have left them on the ground at this point.

Advice? Where to go from here?

My only experience is raising canaries/finches...  thus, the bird
replacement food and knowledge of the egg.

Thank you.

Tricia