[CT Birds] Stratford hits

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:43:10 EDT 2009

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
05/21/09 - Stratford, McKinney Refuge -- 2 LINCOLN'S SPARROWS in the brush
on the left just before the gate.
Stratford, Wooster Park -- 1 or 2 HOODED WARBLER'S as found by Frank
Mantlik, 1 male BAY-BREASTED WARBLER, 1 male BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER, 1 BROWN
THRASHER.

A singing male aggressively chased another warbler on two occasions. Due to
these circumstances we could not get a good enough look to ID the second
warbler, though obviously this leads one to believe it is another Hooded.

Migration is supposed to be winding down now. We're at the end, and the peak
is long gone. We had some good weather help, and we've had some bad luck
too. Overall I think it's been an average year in terms of weather's impact
on birding conditions. Keep in mind there's a lot of luck involved in this,
too, and the more you're out the more you find. Our best days are behind us,
though obviously there are many fantastic birds still to see.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
kbosch at gmail.com