[CT Birds] Waxwings

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Fri May 22 12:43:04 EDT 2009

5/22, Stratford yard

I've had a nice flock of about 25-30 Waxwings hanging around the trees bordering my condos since around 9:00a.  I can hear their call everywhere...   several were feeding each other.  They fly so lightly when jumping out to eat it seems that they almost float.... like a big Chipping sparrow.

Still one male Siskin, Mrs. Grosbeak, Mr. Hummer, 3-4 Swifts, a pair of Orioles (female bringing material to un-located site), a few Rough-winged and Barn Swallows, and a Wood Thrush has been singing all day recently, instead of just dawn and dusk.

5/22, Stratford yard-

(25-30) Cedar Waxwings
(1) male Pine Siskin
(3-4) Chimney Swifts