[CT Birds] Warblers, mockers & orchard orioles

Angeladimmitt at aol.com Angeladimmitt at aol.com
Fri May 22 20:18:41 EDT 2009

5/22 from Angela Dimmitt
The Orchard Oriole is still singing lustily at the pull-off at the top  of
Rte 39 in Sherman just below Rte. 55.  A Baltimore O. has built a nest  in
what was previously "his" willow.  There is a mockingbird at Babbling  Brook
Farm, the first farm on Church Road just off Rte. 39 in Sherman, which  sang
a couple of dozen or more different identifiable bird songs while I
listened in awe.  And the bee-buzz-buzz-buzz, sometimes 4 buzzes, finally  showed
itself on my 5th visit to be a plain ole blue-wing.  Ah well, still  a
beautiful bird to see.  And there are hooded warblers everywhere......  but I
have yet to see - or hear - a "blackburning".

Angela
**************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile
device for under $50. Take a Peek!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100122638x1221845911x1201401556/aol?redir=http://www.getpeek.com/aol)