[CT Birds] House sparrow battle update

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon May 25 13:17:51 EDT 2009

> Regarding the Ruddy shelduck, there have been 3
> reports  now.  One at SISP,
> one behind warehouse #500 in Stratford and the one I
> saw  at Wright's Pond
> in Orange, all reported with Canada Geese.  Could this
> be  the same duck
> traveling around, or perhaps several have escaped?
> Just  curious since it is
> such a pretty duck.

It may well be the same bird I had as Picket's Pond, Osbornedale State Park, Derby on May 2.  I believe this predates the other reports.  A beautiful bird that was staying with Canada Geese.  I did not post it to the list because I assumed it was an escapee.  I got quite a few photographs.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT