[CT Birds] Hammonasset SP

Zagorski, Sara szagorski at daypitney.com
Mon May 25 14:41:44 EDT 2009

 From Sara Zagorski, Denise Jernigan, and Kris Johnson:

5/25 - Hammonasset SP, Madison --

We were there from 8 - 11:30. Two Little Blue Herons, one an immature, were in the pond by the Nature Center. Off the moraine trail we had a Clapper Rail, and in the water the King Eider continues with White winged Scoters and it looked like one Black Scoter in with them. Least Terns were on the rocks and 2 Roseate Terns were with them. Willard's Island had northern Parula, Magnolia, Blackpoll, Chestnut Sided, Wilson's, Yellow, and Redstart Warblers. There were at least 8 Seaside Sparrows and several Saltmarsh Sparrows. Nine Glossy Ibis were in the fields. A nice day at the beach before the crowds set in.

Sara Zagorski