[CT Birds] help to identify bird

weatherwizard at comcast.net weatherwizard at comcast.net
Mon May 25 21:13:06 EDT 2009

My wife and I were hiking on the Airline Trail, saw 3 Baltimore Orioles , and many other birds, one that we could not identify. It was about the size of the Northern Cardinal , and it had a complete yellow chest, and the tail feathers were mostly yellow, but a few darker feathers mixed in, and the wings had some yellow as well. It was much larger than a goldfinch, or any warblers I have witnessed before. Just wondered if you had some ideas of what it might be? I looked through all my bird books, and searched the internet, but have yet to make a match.