[CT Birds] help to identify bird

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue May 26 06:48:23 EDT 2009

Two birds that come to mind are a female Summer Tanager  and a female
Orchard Oriole.  Either would be a good find, especially the  Tanager.
"one that we could not identify. It was about the size of the Northern
Cardinal , and it had a complete yellow chest, and the tail feathers were
mostly  yellow, but a few darker feathers mixed in, and the wings had some yellow
as  well. It was much larger than a goldfinch, or any warblers I have
witnessed  before. Just wondered if you had some ideas of what it might  be?"