[CT Birds] CACC & Orange backyard

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Wed May 27 14:02:29 EDT 2009

>From Bev  Propen  5/27  Orange
Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center, Milford
10AM-1PM  cloudy, drizzle,  55-60 low tide  rising.
Female osprey was on the nest all morning.  The male  was on the perch,
then flew off around 10:50AM and had not returned by  1PM.
In the marsh were 6 mute swans, 2 Great Egrets, 3 Snowy  egrets, 1
Cormorant (DC?) far out, diving for fish, 2 mallards, 100+ peeps-too  far out to see
which kind.  On the grounds - 1 male cardinal, 1 m.  Baltimore Oriole and
heard 1 Orchard Oriole, 1 Mockingbird, grackles, mourning  doves, starlings,
2 house sparrows,  red winged blackbirds.
We still have a pair of Pine siskins coming to the sunflower  chips feeder
in the backyard.  I haven't been able to see a nest.  But  most of our
backyard birds seem to be in pairs....common grackles, red bellied  woodpeckers,
downy woodpeckers, flickers, flock of 8 house finches-seem to  be in pairs,
pair of cardinals, pair of blue jays, titmouses, 2 pairs of  goldfinches,
pair of catbirds & pair of mockingbirds, 2 starlings and I hear  Baltimore
orioles and several robins.
**************Dinner Made Easy Newsletter - Simple Meal Ideas for Your
Family. Sign Up Now!