[CT Birds] Stratford yard

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 16:43:37 EDT 2009

5/27, Stratford yard/woods-
(1) Cuckoo sp. heard this morning
(1) juv. Cooper's Hawk
(3) Blue-winged Warblers (2 male, 1 female)
(2) Yellow Warblers
(1) Black-throated Blue Warbler
(1) singing Magnolia Warbler (ironic)
(1) Hooded Warbler (finally got some so-so photos, links below)
(1) Yellow-rumped Warbler
There was also probably the prettiest female Yellothroat I've ever seen.  It had the white belly and eye ring so I'm pretty sure it was a 1st springer.
Haven't seen the Siskins in a couple days.  Still a good amount of Waxwings around.  I almost leveled two coyotes on the street in front of my condos last night.  One of the does in the back has a fawn with her now.
Green Herons more noticeable around the pond at Roosevelt now.
Thanks again to Greg and those of you who helped with the Hooded ID.  I'm glad it turned out to be a Hooded.
-pretty Yellowthroat
-Brian Webster-
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com