[CT Birds] Rentschler field

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 27 18:00:07 EDT 2009

En route home from a depressing climate change meeting (depressing because of all that will happen to CT's ecological communities, and how unprepared we all are for it, not because of the meeting per se), I stopped at Cabela's around 4:30.  Behind the pond were 4 upland sands feeding in the freshly cut grass.  Also 5 spotted sand, 1 dunlin, 2 least sand, 1 semi sand, 5+ killdeer (at least 2 young), 1+ grasshopper sparrow, several Savannah sparrows, and 2 eastern meadowlarks.

Chris

Chris Elphick

Storrs, CT

elphick at sbcglobal.net