[CT Birds] robin nesting

Corrie Folsom corrine.folsom at yale.edu
Thu May 28 13:35:16 EDT 2009

James,

Our lab monitored approximately 150 robin nests last summer.  On two occasions
nests were reused by what I presumed to be the same 2 pairs.  The two reused
nests were actually across the street from each other in a neighborhood with
lots of robins.  Maybe, and this is purely speculative, nest reuse has
something to do with a lack of other suitable nest sites within a pair's
territory.

Corrie Folsom

Research Assistant
Diuk-Wasser Lab