[CT Birds] Cabela Issue

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Mon Jun 1 06:31:13 EDT 2009

I echo Nick's comments regarding Mark's remarks.  I believe everyone is
truly concerned for the habitat of the grassland birds at Cabelas and if we
all start by calling the store manager and voicing our concerns, who knows
what we might accomplish.  The pond seems to be a great attraction for these
birds this year, hence as a result, we birders get to see them pretty
easily.  But the modification of the habitat for whatever reason around the
pond will most likely have a detrimental effect for the birds.  And that is
what I see concerns the folks on this list.

Jan in Somers