[CT Birds] shifting focus

Chasbarnard at aol.com Chasbarnard at aol.com
Mon Jun 1 13:20:56 EDT 2009

By now we realize that there is not much likelihood that the Pratt and
Whitney grasslands are going to remain much longer. So my focus is shifting to
the approximately 450 contiguous acres of former tobacco growing  land
which Connecticut (in Suffield) and Massachusetts (in Southwick) have  purchased
with the intent of managing for conservation purposes, with emphasis  on
grassland birds.
Does anyone know how much progress has been made to date in preparing this
land for the stated conservation purposes? I can appreciate that it  will
take awhile to accomplish the transition.
Charlie Barnard Jr.