[CT Birds] Enough

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon Jun 1 21:52:14 EDT 2009

I hoped I would not have to send this message.  I prefer to moderate with a light touch, not a heavy hand.

It is time to end the discussion of Cabella's, Rentschler Field, Pratt & Whitney and the habitat of that site.  A few of the messages were posted by people who understand the situation, but those seem to have been lost in the noise of the overall discussion.  The cold fact is that this site will be developed.  It is private land.  The best we can hope for is that the birds there now will get to stay there until the development happens.

If the facts make you sick, well that seems like a reasonable reaction.

If the situation makes you want to Do Something, I urge you to start by taking the time to learn what is already being done by groups and people who have been working on these issues for years.  Find out where their work has a hope of making a difference.  Ask them how you can best support the initiatives that are already underway and are planned for the future.

If you want to take me to task for closing this discussion, feel free to direct your comments do me, but not to the entire list.

Thank you.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT