[CT Birds] Reminder NHBC First Wednesday Walk Tomorrow

Kris Johnson krisjohnson99 at snet.net
Tue Jun 2 09:59:39 EDT 2009

      Reminder from:   NH_Bird_Club Yahoo! Group
      Title:   First Wednesday Walk: Branford Supply Ponds, Branford
      Date:   Wednesday June 3, 2009
      Time:   8:00 am - 10:00 am or so
      Join us as we walk the trails around East and West Ponds. The various habitats provide good birding opportunities for spring migration and breeding/nesting areas. We will look for warblers, blue-winged, yellow, prairie, blackpoll, American redstart, and pine as well as other species, including willow and great crested flycatcher, pileated woodpecker, tanagers, vireos and orioles who knows what other species may surprise us there. This is the pond where the cackling goose appeared several years ago and there are always ducks and geese in the ponds. This walk is free and open to the public.
      DIRECTIONS: From the West take Exit 54 off I95 turn right onto Cedar Street go south to Route 1.

      From the East take Exit 54 off I95 turn left onto Cedar Street go south to Route 1.

      Turn left and continue on Route 1 (about 0.7 miles) to Chestnut Street, turn left and travel to the main parking lot just beyond West Pond on the left.
      Contact- Kris Johnson, 203-288-3087, Krisjohnson99 at snet.net