[CT Birds] SB 891 CIA passes! Great work!

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Jun 3 20:32:06 EDT 2009

I just wanted to pass along word from Sandy Breslin that thanks to the outpouring of support for open space in Connecticut, SB 891 the Community Investment Act passed the Connecticut House today!  Thank you to all who called or emailed.  You can make a difference!

Patrick Comins, Meriden

Dear Friends,

Well, all your calls and emails paid off! The CT House just passed SB 891 that provides increased funding for the Community Investment Act (CIA)! Thank you so much for all your efforts today! Without your calls and emails, we would not have been able to get this bill passed! SB 891 provides critical support for open space and farmland protection - - possibly the only funding we will have for open space next year.  With this provision, CIA will also provide essential funding to keep CT’s dairy farms alive for the next two years.

The vote was:
Yea – 133
Nay – 16
Absent – 2

Thank you again for all your help on this bill! Great work!

Director of Governmental Affairs
Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488