[CT Birds] State Budget Cuts effecting Wildlife etc; Woodbury-Roxbury June Bird Count, help needed for June 7

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 4 09:13:57 EDT 2009

Noted the state budget cut items at ctbirds impacting wildlife and open space. I have also been getting messages concerning state budget cuts proposed effecting those with an interest in family history, cuts to the State Library, etc. Well where is the money to be found to pay for these important things rather then cut them? Are folks going to be in favor of increasing taxes to pay for these important items in tough economic times?

By the way the Woodbury-Roxbury June Bird Count this coming Sunday, June 7, is short of folks to do this count. Some areas of the count are lacking coverage and some participants will be having to double up on the areas they cover.  If anyone would like to help with the Woodbury-Roxbury June Bird count this Sunday please contact compiler Russ Naylor at (203) 263-2502. Russ is an non email person. I am covering Area K (Washington and parts of Roxbury) for the Woodbury-Roxbury count and could use some help in the birds by ear area since my hearing has gone down hill. My days when I could hear most of the birds is gone now.

David W Babington