[CT Birds] Breeding Bird Surveys

Dasinger, Andrew M UTPWR andrew.dasinger at UTCPower.com
Fri Jun 5 00:25:29 EDT 2009

I just want to confirm that I am still the state coordinator for the
BBS.  More information on the BBS is at http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbs/.
There are three routes in need of observers - Westbrook, Long Hill
(Fairfield county), and Granby (map here:
http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbs/results/routemaps/connecticut.cfm?CountryNu
m=840&StateNumber=18 ).  I am looking for folks who can maintain
continuity for more than a few years.  It takes a morning on a date of
your choosing in June (but preferably first half) to complete a route
(first timers also are advised to do a dry run of the route to locate
all the stops, which are maintained at fixed locations).  And it's not
too late to participate - the USGS mails out the route packets right
away via an automated system once I enter the observers name and
address. The value of this data set is tremendous for measuring nesting
bird population trends, so please consider volunteering a morning of
your time.

Andrew Dasinger
South Glastonbury