COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jun 5 09:59:40 EDT 2009

I would have her get in touch with Julie Victoria at the Connecticut DEP.

Contact info for all DEP employees can be found here:

In any case, the platform can't be removed while they are on eggs or have chicks in the nest unless they get a take permit (which would be unlikely if the nest is simply inconvenient.)

Perhaps the platform could be moved after the nesting season (I believe a permit would be necessary for that as well).  They, or another pair would readily accept a new platform if it is reasonably nearby.  I am not sure that it makes sense to force the issue and potentially put the birds at risk is an angry resident takes matters into their own hands and harms or harasses the birds and maybe a compromise solution could be found that moves the birds for a future nesting season.

Patrick Comins, Meriden.