[CT Birds] Milford Point 6/6

Rick Baumhauer rick.baumhauer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:51:33 EDT 2009

Spent ~6-8pm at Milford Point, almost exclusively on the beach side,
as the marsh was very quiet when we arrived.

I can confirm a worrying lack of Least Tern - we saw a total of 4
during our visit, sometimes flying together, sometimes in groups of
two.  Numbers definitely well down from last year.

Piping Plover and several chicks were in evidence - we counted
probably 4-5 adults, as well as 7-8 chicks in two groups.

We also saw 4 Snowy Egret in one of the pools between the beach and

Rick Baumhauer
West Hartford