[CT Birds] domestic pigeon breed

sunshine sunny19682 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 7 14:55:38 EDT 2009

>From Donna Lorello

Branford yard - an unusual pigeon showed up and has been present for the last few days - today was the first chance I had to attempt to get pictures of it.  It obviously belongs to someone as there is a numbered band on the right leg.  It's quite a striking bird - frilled neck, short bill.  I attempted to identify the breed but have been unsuccessful - there are so many and a couple breeds might possibly fit this unless the parents are of two different breeds.  If anyone wishes to look, there is a folder of pictures at the below link.

http://community.webshots.com/user/arcadian7