[CT Birds] Bobolink nesting at Truman Meadow

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Jun 7 16:49:53 EDT 2009

I stopped at Truman Meadow in Coventry at around noon  today.  It appears
there is a fairly large number of Bobolink nesting  there.  I saw birds drop
down in the grass in at least 6 different  locations, some widely separated,
and heard their song almost continuously all  the time I was there.
Occasionally quiet for a minute or 2, then it would  start up again.  I saw four
males at 1 time, and, in addition, I saw light  brown, presumably female,
birds several times.  Still no model flying there  - I wonder if the state made
them stop to protect the birds.  I saw no sign  of Meadowlarks.
Don Morgan