[CT Birds] Bobolinks aplenty in Rocky Hill

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:45:11 EDT 2009

Lest I forget....  on Saturday I was out with a hiking group through the
Rocky Hill-Wethersfield Meadows.  The Land Trust there owns some of the
fields and works with the many owners to leave a few places unmowed long
enough for the grasslands birds to nest.  We saw MANY Bobolinks happily
popping up and down in the tall grass in those fields.  Also many Savannah
Sparrows.  I would not be surprised if there were Grashopper Sparrows there,
too.  It was mostly a hiking day, though, so I couldn't dawdle to find
them.
Supporting local Land Trusts is a wonderful way in which to further the
desires of many on this list to maintain a variety of good habitats for our
wildlife here in Connecticut.

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm
84:3-4