[CT Birds] last minute cancellations make space available in avian ecology workshop next weekend

High Pond Farm birds at highpondfarm.org
Fri Jun 12 14:52:47 EDT 2009

Due to some last-minute cancellations, there are now 3 spaces available in this workshop!
Send us an email at info at highpondfarm.org to check on current availability.

Avian Ecology: Populations and Communities
June  19 – 21, 2009			Leonard Reitsma

This 2-day workshop will combine lecture and discussion of key principles and theories concerning bird morphology, behavior and ecology, together with experience in the field. The field component will include bird identification and observation on a visit to the Bear Pond Natural Area in Canaan, NH, an active avian ecological research site near High Pond Farm.  The research being undertaken at the site will be thoroughly discussed. There will also be time to explore the environs of High Pond Farm and to spend time in the classroom reviewing what we’ve learned in the field.

Fee: $250, includes instruction in field and classroom, lodging for 2 nights, and all meals from Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch. The weekend begins with an introductory lecture on Friday evening after dinner on your own.

For more information, visit our website at http://www.highpondfarm.org

High Pond Farm is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in Plymouth, New Hampshire, whose mission is to provide educational opportunities for amateur and professional naturalists.  Our email address is info at highpondfarm.org.