[CT Birds] bluebird questions

Carol Bauby gypsy.carol at charter.net
Sun Jun 14 11:53:54 EDT 2009

We had 4 baby bluebirds in our nesting box.  Sunday they were being fed
vigorously and when we returned home from work on Monday, they were all
gone, parents too.  This seems to happen every spring.  Do they fledge
then leave right away?  Is this normal behavior for bluebirds?

Today an adult pair has returned to the same nesting box and are sitting
on the roof, going in and out every  now and then.  We didn't get around
to taking out the old nest.  Should we now or will they reuse the one
there if it's the same pair?

  ~Carol in Harwinton