[CT Birds] question

weatherwizard at comcast.net weatherwizard at comcast.net
Thu Jun 18 11:30:26 EDT 2009

Hi:

I'm an avid bird watcher, unfortunately, I don't know several birds by sound, and I hear one outside my yard everyday with the same familiar sound. I know it is a common bird, as I hear the sounds in the woods while hiking as well, but don't know how to identify it by the sound. The best way I can describe it is this:

reooo  reoooo reoooo reeeet. Sometimes it is just  reoooo reeeeoooo reeeett, but most times 3 of the same sound followed by the last. Can anyone help to identify. I never seem to be able to spot the bird making the sound?