[CT Birds] Please help solve a mystery!

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:18:27 EDT 2009

I've noticed the exact same thing.  Once my last Siskin left a couple weeks ago, it has only been the Goldfinch family MAYBE once a week.
I have Kaytee's Wild Finch Blend in there.  The House Sparrows still eat it, and a Chipping Sparrow took a gander the other day.  But for the most part, it stays completely untouched.  What a dramatic difference from the winter when 100 finches emptied it in a few hours!
-Brian Webster-
Stratford, CT