[CT Birds] Ransacked Wren House

Renee Lindenmeier renee.lindenmeier at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 18:01:15 EDT 2009

Wonder if the ransacked wren house is the work of Red Bellied Woodpeckers, as nestling predation by them was mentioned in yesterdays posts.  RB Woodpeckers have moved from my Nice to Naughty list with that info.  I'd never heard of that.

Renee - Seymour, CT

 "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul...." Emily Dickinson

"My neighbor's wren house (with fledglings) was ransacked by something
yesterday. The fledglings were pulled out of the house, one left hanging out
of it, dead. The adults continued to go in an out of it last night. Will the
female lay more eggs in the same nest?

Jo-Anne
Mansfield Center"