[CT Birds] Ransacked Wren House

Julie Keefer julie.keefer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 18:47:21 EDT 2009

Wow!  I will have to keep an eye out on mine as well.  There are definitely
House Wren babies in the supposedly decorative house that is mounted
outside.  They made a lot of noise when one of the adults showed up at the
perch with a bug in its mouth!  I do have a pair of Red-bellies so I will be
sure to keep the feeders full so maybe they won't decide that wren babies
would be tasty!

I seem to have a bumper crop of House Finch babies around, I counted at
least 6 the other day and 2 adult males, so it could be 2 nests.  I also had
4 baby Phoebes fledge from a nest that was under the little second floor
deck we have.  I am also pretty sure we have at least one Downy Woodpecker
baby.  I love this time of year with all the baby birds!

Julie Keefer
Lyme