[CT Birds] House Sparrow question.....

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 20 09:37:02 EDT 2009

Try Safflower or better yet Nutrasaf.  Most birds will take to it eventually and very often sparrows don't like it.  The big plus is that more often than not the grackles that some people get overrun with don't like it either.  The Chickadees, Titmice, Cardinals, Doves and Grosbeaks love the Nutrasaf.  Oh yeah, Squirrels usually don't go for it either.  Not as all round attractive as sunflower or a good quality mix but it's a great alternative.

 Jim

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
www.fatrobin.com